9 Mei 2011

Secret Stash Fine Print

By now most of us have experienced the thrill of trying to drag three friends over to the hard Secret Stash loot item in 15 seconds or less. It's not the easiest thing to do and Zynga wasn't taking into consideration that their players with disabilities may not be capable to do this.

Players who are successful are often left wondering what in the hell happened when they get the next screen.
Let me answer this common question for you by blowing up the fine print. If you have a few seconds remaining after you get all of your mafia members dragged over, read what it says under the check marks. That's right, success only gives you a 9% increase in the likely hood that you will be able to steal the hard item.
In the example of my latest Secret Stash shown above, I got the "Sorry, you didn't steal anything" message even though I moved all my players over in time. As a consolation, I was offered a crappy item to try to steal by sending my mafia members more spam. Thanks but no thanks. What a waste of time this feature is turning out to be.
Zynga described this feature an update of the old job Secret Stash, but this isn't the case. Keep clicking and usually within a few jobs of the new Secret Stash popup, you will get the old Secret Stash popup. They could at least turn the old one off. To break it down, the new Secret Stash feature is more popups and more spam without with "great rewards" advertised.
I've decided to adjust my settings and remove this feature from my game entirely. If you want to do the same, go to your Account drop bar, select settings and uncheck everything listed under Secret Stash. This setting only applies to the new feature so you will still get the old Secret Stash popups.